A place for all things delicious

champagne taste on a beer budget

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Marilyn

I have a thing for Marilyn.  The way she looked in particular but also her fascinating life and her marriages.  Did you know that Joe DiMaggio sent red roses to her grave every week for 20 years after she died?

Photo Shoot with my sis with one of the original camera phones...circa 2003?  Yep- that's me!


I'm not talking the neon Andy Warhol-esque Marilyn but just classic black and white.  She is the original bombshell...what's not to love?! 


Drinking and dancing in the living room?  Hmmm...I've been channeling her all along...



So speaking of Marilyn, I am dying to see this...I'm sure it's not even in the theater anymore.  Red box it is!

My Week With Marilyn

I honestly cannot believe I haven't seen this.  I've seen most of the Marilyn Monroe made for TV movies...the ones with Poppy Montgomery and Ashley Judd seem to stick out.  Also- I didn't always like Michelle Williams...but once she started dating Heath Ledger I warmed up to her.  Jen Lindley NO THANKS!  Plus Julia Ormond as Vivien Leigh?! Her expression in the pic below is PERFECT.  It's Vivien's "Scarlett" face...with the one eyebrow slightly raised.  Need to see ASAP.






Linzo says:  "If you ever want to go places, you've got to be a blonde" -Emmeline Snively, Marilyn's first agent who convinced her to bleach her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment