A place for all things delicious

champagne taste on a beer budget

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Leather Jacket for $1



Here is a story that defines shopping on a budget or in my case just an astronomical find that I still brag about to this day.  To say the least, I am not a fan of Wal-Mart.  Just not.  Give me Target any day over WallyWorld.  But in May of 2010 I happened to find myself in Havre, Montana and browsing a Wal-Mart.


Just in case you are so inclined: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havre,_Montana


It was here that I bought Miley Cyrus clothing for a dollar.  You heard me, a dollar.  I'm not a fan of Miley either (I mean come on, if you're anyone who's anyone you have a Target line...not Wal-Mart) but a cute black skirt that I'VE ACTUALLY WORN for a dollar? And a pleather (faux pleather maybe...if there is such a thing as fake, fake leather) bomber jacket for a dollar? You would buy it too if you could say you bought a leather jacket for a dollar.  It was a f*$%ing dollar.  Receipt and pics below.


Yes - 4 items, $4.00. Included on this glorious receipt was:




Faux leather bomber jacket = $1


Tunic = $1 (2 on the receipt...I bought my BFF one)


Yep, I bought Jeggings with zipper details for $1


Not pictured on receipt...black skirt that I actually wear for $1



And that...ladies and gentlemen...is what we call the sale rack at your local Wal-Mart in northern Montana.  That makes an Orange County girl reallllll excited. 
 
PLEASE NOTE...nothing against Havre, MT or MT in general.  I'm not poking fun or talking shit.  I'm actually quite a fan and even own a "Havre Blue Ponies" sweatshirt (high school mascot) that was so lovingly given to me so I can openly proclaim my love in the fall/winter or whenever it's cold/I want to rep the pride of the Hi-line.




No comments:

Post a Comment