A place for all things delicious

champagne taste on a beer budget

Thursday, June 30, 2011

"good" sun

Do you know that there is such a thing as good sun?  When laying out or tanning that is.  I told AFG last Sunday that it didn't matter how much we lagged at this point (it was nearly 2pm) because the "good" sun was gone.  He laughed at what my definition of good sun is.  He said I talk about sun like I talk about fashion.

Good sun is sun between 11am and 1pm.  Those 2 hours are going to give you the most color.  You're still good until 2pm but after 3pm it's a lost cause in my book.  The sun peaks at noon.  Get out there at 11 and get aggressive if you want some real color.

I come from a family of sun worshipers.  All summer they can be found laying in the pool, in tubes and rafts, listening to any given country radio station that comes in at my parents house.  They use Hawaiian Tropic SPF 4 Tanning Oil like it's going outta style.  My dad could be a spokesperson for them.  That is if they were into ray-ban wearing 60 year old's in short shorts and not girls in bikini's.  He was absolutely flabbergasted when he found a bottle of Coppertone SPF 50 outside, just dumbfounded as to why OUR FAMILY has something higher than SPF 15.  It's for my face dad, I'm trying to keep the wrinkles at bay.

Copportone..Hawiian Tropic...we're available.  Somebody give us a job, we were born for this!

Since I am such a pool connoisseur, please buy these now...it feels like you are getting a spa pedicure...except you have a marg in your cup holder...if you're me that is....
Bought these for Dad for Father's day



 And I leave you with this...


That's Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning SPF 6.  It's her fave.  Also, please see aformentioned float in the background.


Linzo says: get aggressive and get out there before 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment