A place for all things delicious

champagne taste on a beer budget

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In my next 30 years...

In exactly six months...I'll be 30.

OMG. Scary.


I actually thought I would be a lot more freaked out than I am.  I know that age ain't nothin' but a numba but still, it's a milestone.  I think that for anyone, leaving their twenties behind is bittersweet.  I'm ready to leave it all behind.  As a very wise woman (Carrie Bradshaw) once said...“Enjoy yourself. That’s what your 20s are for. Your 30s are to learn the lessons. Your 40s are to pay for the drinks.”

I definitley enjoyed myself.  I traveled (crossed swimming in the Great Barrier Reef off my bucket list...and visiting Sleepy Hollow NY).  I bungee jumped!  I drank and danced and laughed.  I made lifelong friends.  I graduated from college.  Bought a puppy.  I will have been in 4 weddings.  And most importantly I met AFG...I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like veryone has a 30 things to do before they are 30 list.  Well, I don't because 6 months doesn't give me enough time to do what I want to do...I dream big ok?

But here it goes...If I had millions and could make it happen, this is what I would do...

Bucket List

                                                                                    
1. Travel throughout Ireland and Scotland                                                                         
2. Sleep in a castle in Ireland














3. Own a boat
4. Go back to Australia
5. Own a Range Rover (juuuuuust like Reggie gave Kim back in the day)













6. Have a home with an antler chandelier
7. Go to Mardi Gras
8. Take a haunted tour of New Orleans

















9. Stay in a hut over the water (St. Regis Bora Bora anyone?)



10. Sleep in a treehouse (Again.  Check out this place I stayed in Costa Rica, Mono Congo)

This one is in La Fortuna and can be read about here













11. See lions and elephants in Africa
12. Visit the Greek Isles














13. See the canals in Venice (NOT in Vegas)
14. Light a lantern and let it go like they do in The Beach, Tangled and Hangover 2.  Sky lanterns!


















15. See George Strait in concert
16. Get caught in a rainstorm in the jungle (again)


Even though I didn't do them in my first 30 years, cheers to me doing them in my next!

Linzo says: stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment