A place for all things delicious

champagne taste on a beer budget

Friday, September 16, 2011

FALL!

FALL = football and pumpkin beer

I know it is not technically "fall" yet (not until Sept. 23rd officially), but in Southern California the weather is cooling down, the mornings stay foggier longer and football has started which only means one thing, GOODBYE Summer, HELLO Fall!

I have always been a summer girl, thriving in the hot weather, spending 6 hour days at the beach (in my younger years when summer actually meant vacation and a job meant I worked 3 days a week) but I've ALWAYS had a thing for fall too.  And recently fantasty football.  And pumpkin beer. 

I am officially OBSESSED with fantasy football.  My team, the Golden Geese (But daddy! I want a goose that lays golden eggs for easter!) are going all the way...I have Drew Brees man!





The Geese won their first game and hopefully continue to kill it this Sunday.  But I will have somewhat of an issue....I'm a huge Bears fan...and the Bears play the Saints this week.  I need Brees to do well but the Bears to win.  What's a girl to do?!?!

Let's gooooooooooo Geeeeeeeese...let's go!

Speaking of football and the Bears...pleaseeeee go check out Victoria's Secret PINK loves the NFL. EVERYTHING is super cute so bust out the credit card and go support your fave team!



Yes please, I'll take those thank you very much. 

Secondly...Pumpkin beer.  I had never really been into it or even cared to try it until last year while perusing the aisles at BevMo and there it was shining like a diamond in the rough....Shipyard's Pumpkinhead with a headless horseman on the label...jack o' lantern head and all.  I'm not one of the people that freak out over Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice latte or pumpkin in general but this pumpkin beer = mmmmmm delicious.    It tastes like pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. 

Check them out here: Shipyard Brewing Company
*Not going to lie- the label sold me...yes I buy books by their covers too.






You can also follow them or check out their blog here: shipyardbrewing.blogspot.com


Linzo says:  meet me in the endzone for a pumpkin beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment